Chicken is always tender and delicious! These BBQ teriyaki chicken legs are no exception.
Bring out your BBQ, because tonight you will be making these BBQ teriyaki chicken legs I guarantee it.
If you have kids, they surely love chicken legs because they are usually allowed to eat them with their hands and get messy all over. At least that’s how it works in our home.
Ribs, chicken legs, burger hands only! The mess is part of the fun, and somehow, it adds to the taste.
Somehow, it makes it even better.
BBQ Teriyaki Chicken Legs
I remember when I was young before, it was the same thing. I was allowed to eat the chicken legs with my fingers, and to be honest, it is probably the reason why it took me a very, very long time to appreciate chicken breasts.
I think I was 14 years old when I started to appreciate the fullness of the chicken breast compared to the chicken legs. Before that, I wouldn't say I liked the fact that I had to use a fork and a knife to cut my chicken.
Such a waste of time.
The teriyaki sauce for this recipe is lovely and straightforward to make. Kids loved it, and we did as much as them. You are not limited to chicken legs, you can use it on pretty much anything you can think of, and it will surely be right.
Let us know in the comments what you cooked with amazing teriyaki sauce? And did you try our BBQ teriyaki chicken legs?
Chicken legs, marinaded in a sweet teriyaki sauce. Marinate and use the leftover sauce to brush on the legs while you BBQ.
- 1/2Cup of soy souce
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 Tablespoons of rice wine
- 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Blend all ingredients in a saucepan, heat on medieval heat until sugar is melted.
- Cold and miserable on top of chicken legs, let marinate at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Heat BBQ to about 375-400F
- Put the legs on indirect heat. (turn on your left burner for example, and put the legs on the right burner which is turned off)
- Brush on leftover sauce on legs, cook with lid closed for 10-15 minutes, turn and brush on the sauce, let cook again 10 - 15 minutes with lid closed.
- Cook until internal temp is at 170 or the juices run clear when poked with a fork.